Thank you for stopping by "From Here to There...A Writer's Journey" to see my books in my readers' hands. I'm Casse NaRome, the writer. Here I will blog about my progress on my manuscripts and my novels that already available. I will also blog on the things that I find interesting and hilarious because I think you might too. I hope you stick around for the ride and share this Journey with me. Love, Casse xoxo!

Sunday, March 14, 2010

My first time around...

Welcome to my writer’s blog.


I think I should introduce myself. My name is Casse. (It’s said like Cassie, you know short for Cassandra.) I write under the name of Casse NaRome for my fiction titles at least. I haven’t really decided how that is going to work out yet. (Because I do write editorials and articles as well as poetry.)

This is a blog to share my journey and my attempt to score an agent, then a publishing deal.  I will share each step I take from now on that I take.  Why you ask?  Because I just like to share and have people to laugh with at my silly mistakes I have made and no doubt will make.

I have been writing since I can remember; my parents would buy my sister and me journals for Christmas since we could write and we’d spend the day filling them up with stories.  Sometimes weeks at a time, we had some awesome collaborations and intertwined stories!  But really I started poetry first when one of my 8th grade teachers showed interest in a poem of mine that I did for a huge poetry assignment and decided to enter it into a contest for me; it was picked to be published.  I still own that book 13 years later.  (Oh I think I just dated myself.)  I then decided I was interested in psychology because I wanted to understand the reason people behave the way that they do.  It came in handy because when I was 18 I was sitting on the bus an early morning headed to work and the writing bug seriously bit me. I started Born Through Desecration a Fantasy manuscript and finished it a whopping 3 years later.

The idea originally came to me in 1995 at the age of 12 when my dad let me watch The Prophecy. I was like, I kind of like these bad ass angels.  Then in 1998 I was 15 and once again, my dad, bought The Prophecy 2 and it was about Nephilims and I was in love.  It took 3 more years for the idea to finally materialize and develop into the first draft that I finished.

When I was done I did what many young and in-experience wanna-be writers do.  I printed billions of copies and sent them to not agents but more embarrassingly, publishers. I still cringe at the thought. It is a common mistake and I still get very embarassed at my jumping the gun, but I laugh and rejoice because now I have learned so much from the authors who have taken the time to help other authors even us aspiring ones.

I have since back-burned BTD but I have not totally given up on this manuscript but I am currently working on a new Paranormal Romance WIP called Death Knows My Name.  I am hoping to shine this baby up before I start pimping it out and NOT to pubs this time but carefully researched agents. See I have learned a lot from the first time around.

Keep reading, writing and sharing,

Casse NaRome

No comments :

Post a Comment

Part Time Reaper 1 featured on

I'm Loving ♥ Books I'm Loving ♥ Books