Thank you for stopping by "From Here to There...A Writer's Journey" to see my books in my readers' hands. I'm Casse NaRome, the writer. Here I will blog about my progress on my manuscripts and my novels that already available. I will also blog on the things that I find interesting and hilarious because I think you might too. I hope you stick around for the ride and share this Journey with me. Love, Casse xoxo!

Monday, September 21, 2015

This is why we need diversity in romance novels.


 "Are you a lesbian?" That is normally the first question I get when I tell someone that I've written a Contemporary Romance about two women falling in love. When I have told people that I wrote about fallen angels, reapers, or reincarnation, they never ask if I am one. Why is that? I don't mind being asked if I'm apart of the LGBT community. It does make me wonder if people really think that we should only write and read about what is close to us personally. Wouldn't that be completely boring?
  I like romance of all types and Kennedy and Basil were perfect for one another. I didn't realize how insta their attraction for one another would be. Basil found Kenny intriguing from the moment she laid eyes on her. The scrapped opening from The Art Of Losing Inhibitions, she is scoping Kennedy out and was completely enamored. Then she finds out she is "straight"who wants to experiment. Or so Basil thinks. One can never really know what is in one's heart. Kennedy is going through a rough divorce. Her husband Kevin has left her for another woman. When you change yourself and become someone you don't even recognize anymore for a person and they are no longer interested you begin to question what the point of it all was. You can't build a life on lies you have to be the truest version of who you are.
  Stories like these happen in every group and community of people rather they be Black, White, Asian, Latino, gay, straight, or asexual. That is why we need diverse books and they need to be read because once you realize that essentially we are all living breathing people who often experience some of the same issues you can start to accept and love all the ways they we differ as well.

One man's trash is another woman's treasure
Reeling from the loss of her husband to a carefree socialite, uptight Kennedy retreats to Dasia island for a little bit of R and R. Will she learn to let loose in the arms of Basil, the wild-child trust-fund baby with a silver tongue?


Snippet:

Basil

What the hell am I doing? Kennedy was not the kind of girl one had an island fling with. She wore pearls for Christ’s sake. She was a high maintenance, stuffy protestant princess … with the saddest green eyes and a body that begged to be touched, licked, and coveted. My pep talk of the list of Kennedy’s cons wasn’t working.
Fine. How about the fact that she’s straight? She had the indention of a wedding ring. You know what you are supposed to do with the married, straight ones. You catch, bed, and release.
Kennedy wasn’t the catch and release type.
“Okay, I’m changed. You can look.” Kennedy stepped out of the door, and my eyes widened at Kennedy’s curves in the emerald swimsuit. I forced my tongue back into my mouth.
“Wow, you look amazing.” Understatement of the year, Bas. “I … we better head out to meet Fokai.”
“Do I have to walk around like this? Can’t I put clothes over it?” Wrapping her arms around herself, Kennedy covered her stomach.
I reached over and gently took her hand into mine, effectively removing her cover. “You look great. The world should totally see.”

No comments :

Post a Comment

Part Time Reaper 1 featured on

I'm Loving ♥ Books I'm Loving ♥ Books